Junior Travel Ambassadors
Welcome to the Junior Travel Ambassadors' Page
Who are we?
What do we do?
We are the Junior Travel Ambassadors (JTA). The Junior Travel Ambassador Scheme is a national initiative that encourages peer-to-peer engagement and is used to promote safer, active and independent travel within the school community. It’s a fun and engaging way to spread important messages and build skills for life. We are the pupils who think about road safety and transport. It is a direct approach that aims to promote independent travel, particularly for the children in Years 5 and 6 who may now be travelling to and from school independently. The JTA scheme has been created by Transport for London.
The JTAs meet weekly to share ideas and opinions. During each meeting, we discuss our progress with current projects. We also plan future projects, organise prizes for competitions, and select winners of existing competitions. We like to see our friends and fellow pupils walking to school wherever possible. We will be running competitions in which each class competes to walk to school most often each month. Walking to and from school is important, but we also want pupils in Gordon Primary to stay safe on the roads of Greater London. We will work with our school to create a safer environment.
- We are role models: besides promoting active travelling to all of you and the parents, we will also be travelling actively
- We will try our best to make our local area safe as possible
- We want to reduce the number of cars entering our school road to make our environment safer
- We promise to organise events enabling children to be more fit, active and healthy
- We want pupils of Gordon Primary School to feel safe in the neighbourhood
- We want raise awareness to all pupils about road safety
- We want to educate parents about the importance of looking after our environment
- We will organise exciting events and ensure that everyone is learning and having fun at the same time